Police: Criminal Investigations
Criminal Investigation Defined, The Structure Of Criminal Investigations, Sources Of Information And Evidence In Criminal InvestigationsConclusion
This entry provides an overview of the criminal investigation process and investigative methods. The focus of the discussion is on definitional issues along with the identification and evaluation of the types and sources of information often used in criminal investigations.
This discussion has provided an overview of the criminal investigation process and the role, function, and utility of various types and sources of evidence within the process. With these understandings, one may be able to better appreciate the complexities of criminal evidence and the criminal investigation process.
STEVEN G. BRANDL
See also CRIMINAL PROCEDURE: CONSTITUTIONAL ASPECTS; ENTRAPMENT; FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: HISTORY; POLICE: HANDLING OF JUVENILES; POLICE: HISTORY; POLICE: ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT; POLICE: POLICE OFFICER BEHAVIOR; POLICE: POLICING COMPLAINANTLESS CRIMES; POLICE: PRIVATE POLICE AND INDUSTRIAL SECURITY; POLICE: SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TACTICS (SWAT) TEAMS; SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE; URBAN POLICE.
- Police: Handling of Juveniles - Historical Overview And Organizational Structure, Legal Rights Of Juveniles, Police-juvenile Interactions, Police Handling Of Juveniles: Outcomes
- Police: Community Policing - Definition Of Community Policing, Origins And Evolution Of Community Policing, The Theory And Practice Of Community Policing
- Police: Criminal Investigations - Criminal Investigation Defined
- Police: Criminal Investigations - The Structure Of Criminal Investigations
- Police: Criminal Investigations - Sources Of Information And Evidence In Criminal Investigations
- Police: Criminal Investigations - Other Sources Of Information
- Police: Criminal Investigations - Bibliography
- Other Free Encyclopedias