Brief for Appellees
Brief For Appellees, I. Preliminary Statement, Iv. Questions Presented, V. The StatuteIn the Supreme Court of the United States October Term (1952), II. OPINION BELOW
OLIVER BROWN, MRS. RICHARD LAWTON, MRS. SADIE EMMANUEL, ET AL., APPELLANTS,
BOARD OF EDUCATION OF TOPEKA, SHAWNEE COUNTY, KANSAS, ET AL., APPELLEES.
APPEAL FROM THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF KANSAS
II. OPINION BELOW
The opinion of the three-judge District Court below: (R-238-244) is reported at 98 Fed. Supp. 797.
The judgment of the court below was entered on August 3, 1951 (R. 247). On October 1, 1951, appellants filed a petition for appeal (R. 248), and an order allowing the appeal was entered (R. 251). Probable jurisdiction was noted on June 9, 1952 (R. 254). Jurisdiction of this Court rests on Title 28 U. S. C. Sec. 1253 and 2201 (b).
- Bute v. Illinois - Significance, Minority Opinion, Impact, Self Representation
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 2 (1,) and 4 and for Respondents in No. on Reargument (10 ) - The Supreme Court Of The United States October Term, 1953, Appeals From The United States District Court For The District Of Kansas, The Eastern District Of South C
- Brief for Appellees - Brief For Appellees
- Brief for Appellees - I. Preliminary Statement
- Brief for Appellees - Iv. Questions Presented
- Brief for Appellees - V. The Statute
- Brief for Appellees - Vi. Statement Of The Case
- Brief for Appellees - Vii. Summary Of Argument
- Brief for Appellees - Viii. Argument
- Other Free Encyclopedias