Crime Causation: Political Theories
This entry provided an overview of the various political theories of crime, which may be summarized as follows:
- Criminology has always been a politically oriented discipline.
- Differences among theories of crime causation are associated with their affinities with conservative, liberal, or radical political ideologies.
- Any crime may have political significance, whether as a source or a consequence of political instability.
- Explanations of political crimes are not necessarily the province of labeling and conflict theories but may be derived from any theory.
- Every theory of crime causation is at bottom a political theory.
- Crime Causation: Political Theories - Bibliography
- Crime Causation: Political Theories - Theories Of Crime And Explaining Political Crime
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationCrime and Criminal LawCrime Causation: Political Theories - Political Orientations And Theoretical Affinities, Theories Of Crime And Explaining Political Crime, Conclusion, Bibliography