Mississippi v. Johnson
- Elliott, Stephen P., ed. A Reference Guide to the U.S. Supreme Court. New York: Facts on File Publications, 1986.
- Epstein, Lee, and Thomas G. Walker. Constitutional Law for a Changing America: Institutional Powers and Constraints, 3rd ed. Washington DC: Congressional Quarterly, 1998.
- Foner, Eric. Reconstruction 1863-1877. New York: Harper and Row, 1988.
- Hall, Kermit L., ed. The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 1992.
- Witt, Elder, ed. The Supreme Court A to Z. CQ's Encyclopedia of American Government. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly, Inc., 1993.
- Young, James V. Landmark Constitutional Law Decisions. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1993.
- Mississippi v. Johnson - The Case Against Johnson And The Reconstruction Act
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1833 to 1882Mississippi v. Johnson - Significance, The Case Against Johnson And The Reconstruction Act, The Court Says No, Salmon Portland Chase