Eakin v. Raub
- Bickel, Alexander M. The Least Dangerous Branch: The Supreme Court at the Bar of Politics. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1962.
- Clinton, Robert L. Marbury v. Madison and Judicial Review. Wichita, KS: University of Kansas Press, 1989.
- Dewey, Donald O. Marshall v. Jefferson: The Political Background of Marbury v. Madison. New York: Knopf, 1970.
- Epstein, Lee, and Thomas G. Walker. Constitutional Law for a Changing America: Institutional Powers and Constraints, 3rd ed. Washington DC: Congressional Quarterly, 1998.
- Haines, Charles G. The American Doctrine of Judicial Supremacy. New York: Russell & Russell, Inc., 1952.
- Hamilton, Alexander. "The Federalist No. 78." The Federalist Papers. Clinton Rossiter, ed. New York: Mentor Books, 1961.
- Warren, Charles. The Supreme Court in United States History. Boston: Little Brown & Co., 1926.