Geduldig v. Aiello
Significance, Four Women, Different Pregnancies, Another Court Heard, Is Normal Pregnancy A Disability?
Dwight Geduldig, director of the California Department of Human Resources Development
Carolyn Aiello, Augustina Armendariz, Elizabeth Johnson, Jacqueline Jaramillo
That the district court erred when it ruled that California was required to pay disability benefits to private employees temporarily disabled by their pregnancies.
Chief Lawyer for Appellant
Chief Lawyer for Appellees
Wendy W. Williams
Justices for the Court
William J. Brennan, Jr., Warren E. Burger, William H. Rehnquist, Potter Stewart (writing for the Court), Byron R. White
Harry A. Blackmun, William O. Douglas, Thurgood Marshall
Date of Decision
17 June 1974
- Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur, 414 U.S. 632 (1974).
- Cohen v. Chesterfield County School Board, 414 U.S. 632 (1974).
- General Electric v. Gilbert, 429 U.S. 125 (1976).
- Nashville Gas Co. v. Satty, 434 U.S. 136 (1977).
Hardy, Benjamin A. Jr., Jack B. Hood, and Harold S. Lewis, Jr. Workers' Compensation and Employee Protection Laws in a Nutshell. Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN: West Publishing, 1990.
- Inc. Gertz v. Robert Welch - Defamation In Common Law, Precedent, Thegertz Case, A Balance, Gertz Not A Public Figure
- Gary Mark Gilmore Trial: 1976 - No Defense
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Significance
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Further Readings
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Four Women, Different Pregnancies
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Another Court Heard
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Is Normal Pregnancy A Disability?
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Creating A Double Standard
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Congress To The Rescue
- Geduldig v. Aiello - Workers' Compensation
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1973 to 1980