Gregg v. Georgia
- Bedau, Hugo Adam, ed. The Death Penalty in America. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1982.
- Costanzo, Mark, and Lawrence T. White. "An Overview of the Death Penalty and Capital Trials: History, Current Status, Legal Procedures, and Cost." Journal of Social Issues, summer 1994, p. 1.
- Ellsworth, Phoebe C., and Samuel R. Gross. "Hardening of the Attitudes: Americans' Views on the Death Penalty." Journal of Social Issues, summer 1994, p. 19
- Garnett, Richard W. "Depravity Thrice Removed: Using the `Heinous, Cruel, or Depraved' Factor to Aggravate Convictions of Nontriggermen Accomplices in Capital Cases." Yale Law Journal, June 1994, p. 2471.
- Garvey, Karin E. "Eighth Amendment--The Constitutionality of the Alabama Capital Sentencing Scheme." Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, summer 1996, p. 1411.
- Haney, Craig, and Deana Dorman Logan. "Broken Promise: The Supreme Court's Response to Social Science Research on Capital Punishment." Journal of Social Issues, summer 1994, p. 75.
- Johnson, John W., ed. Historic U.S. Court Cases, 1690-1990: An Encyclopedia. New York: Garland Publishing, 1992.
- Kessler, Daryl I. "Eighth Amendment--Sentencer Discretion in Capital Sentencing Schemes." Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, winter-spring 1994, p. 827.
- Murphy, Cornelius F. "The Supreme Court and Capital Punishment: A New Hands-Off Approach." USA Today (Magazine), March 1993, p. 51.
- Nakell, Barry, and Kenneth A. Hardy. The Arbitrariness of the Death Penalty. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press, 1987.
- White, Welsh S. The Death Penalty in the Eighties: An Examination of the Modern System of Capital Punishment. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1987.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1973 to 1980Gregg v. Georgia - Significance, Death Penalty Upheld Under Certain Circumstances, Caryl Chessman Trial, Further Readings