Roth v. United States
- DeGrazia, Edward. Girls Lean Back Everywhere: The Law of Obscenity and the Assault on Genius. New York, NY: Random House, 1992.
- Easton, Susan. The Problem of Pornography: Regulation and the Right to Free Speech. New York: Rutledge, 1994.
- Gewirtz, Paul. "On `I Know It When I See It.'" Yale Law Journal, January 1996, pp. 1023.
- Gurstein, Rochelle. The Repeal of Reticence: A History of America's Cultural and Legal Struggles over Free Speech, Obscenity, Sexual Liberation, and Modern Art. New York, NY: Hill and Wang, 1996.
- Johnson, John W., ed. Historic U.S. Court Cases, 1690-1990: An Encyclopedia. New York: Garland Publishing, 1992.