Inc. Westmoreland v. CBS
Significance, Impact, Out Of Court Settlements, Further Readings
General William C. Westmoreland
CBS, Inc., Mike Wallace, George Crile, Sam Adams, Van Gordon Sauter
That a television documentary broadcast by CBS concerning the conduct of the Vietnam War libeled Westmoreland.
Chief Lawyers for Plaintiff
Dan M. Burt, David M. Dorsen
Chief Defense Lawyers
David Boies, Stuart W. Gold
Pierre N. Leval
New York, New York
Date of Decision
18 February 1985
The case was settled out of court before going to the jury.
- New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, 376 U.S. 254 (1964).
- Rosenblatt v. Baer, 393 U.S. 75 (1966).
- Curtis Publishing Co. v. Butts, 388 U.S. 130 (1967).
- Rosenbloom v. Metromedia, 403 U.S. 29 (1971).
- Sharon v. Time, Inc., 599 F.Supp. 538 (S.D.N.Y. 1984).
West's Encyclopedia of American Law. Volume two. New York: West Publishing, 1998.
- Winston v. Lee - Significance, Impact
- Westmoreland v. CBS: 1984 - Suggestions For Further Reading
- Inc. Westmoreland v. CBS - Further Readings
- Inc. Westmoreland v. CBS - Significance
- Inc. Westmoreland v. CBS - Impact
- Inc. Westmoreland v. CBS - Out Of Court Settlements
- Other Free Encyclopedias