Abrams v. United States
- Cohen, Jeremy. Congress Shall Make No Law: Oliver Wendell Holmes, the First Amendment and Judicial Decision Making. Ames: Iowa State University Press, 1989.
- Johnson, John W. Historic U.S. Court Cases, 1690-1990: An Encyclopedia, Vol. 2. New York: Garland Publishing, 1992.
- Kalven, Harry. A Worthy Tradition: Freedom of Speech in America. New York: Harper & Row, 1988.
- Murphy, Paul. World War I and the Origin of Civil Liberties in the United States. New York: Norton, 1979.
- Polenberg, Richard. Fighting Faiths: The Abrams Case, the Supreme Court, and Free Speech. New York, Viking, 1987.
- Semonche, John E. Charting the Future: The Supreme Court Responds to a Changing Society, 1890-1920. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 1978.
- Smith, Donald L. Zechariah Chafee, Jr.: Defender of Liberty and Law. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1986.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1918 to 1940Abrams v. United States - Significance, In Uncharted Territory, Creating The Surveillance State, Anarchists And War, Trial And Appeal