Sports Law - Come Back, Shane: The Movement Of Professional Sports Teams, Amateur Athletes, 1919 Black Sox Scandal
The laws, regulations, and judicial decisions that govern sports and athletes.
Sports law is an amalgam of laws that apply to athletes and the sports they play. It is not a single legal topic with generally applicable principles. Sports law touches on a variety of matters, including contract, TORT, agency, antitrust, constitutional, labor, TRADEMARK, SEX DISCRIMINATION, criminal, and tax issues. Some laws depend on the status of the athlete, some laws differ according to the sport, and some laws vary for other reasons.
- Stanley Sporkin
- Sports Law - Come Back, Shane: The Movement Of Professional Sports Teams
- Sports Law - Amateur Athletes
- Sports Law - 1919 Black Sox Scandal
- Sports Law - Sex Discrimination
- Sports Law - Professional Athletes
- Sports Law - Torts In Sports
- Sports Law - Criminal Liability For On-the-field Conduct
- Sports Law - Exposure Of Athletes' Off-the-field Legal Problems
- Sports Law - Further Readings
- Other Free Encyclopedias