- Amar, Akhil Reed. The Constitution and Criminal Procedure: First Principles. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1998.
- Cortner, Richard C. The Supreme Court and the Second Bill of Rights. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1980.
- Del Carmen, Rolando. Criminal Procedure and Evidence. Gardena, CA: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Legal and Professional Publications, 1978.
- Dressler, Joshua. Understanding Criminal Procedure, second edition. Matthew Bender, 1997.
- Fleming, Macklin. The Price of Perfect Justice. New York: Basic Books, 1974.
- Israel, Jerold H. and Wayne R. Lafave,Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Limitations in a Nutshell, fifth edition. West, 1993.
- Zimring, Franklin E. and Richard S. Frase,The Criminal Justice System: Materials on the Administration and Reform of the Criminal Law. Boston: Little, Brown, 1980.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationGreat American Court CasesCriminal Procedure - Contrasting Perspectives On The Legal System, Four Constitutional Cornerstones, Habeas Corpus And Other Guarantees, From Probable Cause To Appeal: The Criminal Procedure Cycle