Fredette v. BVP Management Associates
Significance, Protecting Men In The Workplace, Same Gender Harassment Actionable, Impact
BVP Managements Associates, Royal Palace Hotel Associates, and Buena Vista Hospitality Group
That same gender sexual harassment is prohibited by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Chief Lawyer for Appellant
Tobe M. Lev
Chief Lawyer for Appellees
Arch Y. Stokes
Justices for the Court
R. Lanier Anderson III (writing for the court), Albert J. Henderson, Phyllis A. Kravitch
Date of Decision
22 May 1997
Sexual harassment of a male employee by a male supervisor is prohibited by Title VII.
- Johnson v. Transportation Agency, 480 U.S. 616 (1987).
- Goluszek v. H. P. Smith, 697 F. Supp. 1452 (1988).
- Wrightson v. Pizza Hut of America, Inc., 99 F.3d 138 (1996).
- Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore Services Incorporated et al. 118 S.Ct. 998 (1998).
- Gutek, Barbara A. Sex and the Workplace. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1985.
- Petrocelli, William. Sexual Harassment on the Job, 2nd ed. Berkeley, CA: Nolo Press, 1995.
- Seebacher, Noreen. "Ruling Clears Air on Sex Harassment: Court Warns Businesses that Cases Don't Have to Involve Opposite Sexes to Be Illegal." Detroit News, 25 March 1998, p. B4.
- Gabriel Gomez Trial: 2000 - Victim's Half-brother Arrested, Circumstantial Evidence Weighed, Gomez Reveals Burial Site, Suggestions For Further Reading
- Frederic Tokars Trial: 1997 - Innocent Victim?, Mistrial Demand
- Fredette v. BVP Management Associates - Significance
- Fredette v. BVP Management Associates - Protecting Men In The Workplace
- Fredette v. BVP Management Associates - Same Gender Harassment Actionable
- Fredette v. BVP Management Associates - Impact
- Other Free Encyclopedias