Brown v. Board of Education
- "The Day Race Relations Changed Forever: U.S. Supreme Court Desegregation Decision of May 17, 1954 Was Hailed by Many as the `Second Emancipation Proclamation.'" Ebony, May 1985, pp. 108-112.
- Johnson, John W. Historic U.S. Court Cases, 1690-1990: An Encyclopedia. New York: Garland Publishing, 1992.
- Kluger, Richard. Simple Justice: the History of Brown v. Board of Education and Black America's Struggle for Equality. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1976.
- Orlich, Donald C. "Brown v. Board of Education: Time for a Reassessment." Phi Delta Kappan, April 1991, pp. 631-632.
- Sudo, Phil. "Five Little People Who Changed U.S. History." Scholastic Update, January 1990, pp. 8-10.
- White, Jack E. "The Heirs of Oliver Brown." Time, July 6, 1987, pp. 88-89.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1954 to 1962Brown v. Board of Education - Significance, Naacp Takes On Topeka Board Of Education, Fight Goes To Supreme Court, Court Throws Out Plessy; Declares Segregation Illegal