Richmond v. J. A. Croson Co.
- Aleinikoff, T. Alexander, and Samuel Issacharoff. "Race and Redistricting: Drawing Constitutional Lines After Shaw v. Reno." Michigan Law Review, December 1993, p. 588.
- Brody, Carl E., Jr. "A Historical Review of Affirmative Action and the Interpretation of Its Legislative Intent by the Supreme Court." Akron Law Review, winter, 1996.
- Curry, George, E. The Affirmative Action Debate. Reading, MA: Addison Wesley Publishing Co., Inc., 1996.
- Darden, Joe T. "Impacts of Racism on White Americans, 2d ed." Urban Studies, November 1998, p. 2159.
- Fein, Bruce. "A Court That Obeys the Law (Recent Supreme Court Decisions)." National Review, September 29, 1989.
- Hellman, Deborah. "Two Types of Discrimination: The Familiar and the Forgotten." California Law Review, March 1998, p. 315.
- Kahlenberg, Richard D. The Remedy: Class, Race, and Affirmative Action. New York: BasicBooks, 1996.
- Lunn, John, and Huey L. Perry. "Justifying Affirmative Action: Highway Construction in Louisiana." Industrial and Labor Relations Review, April 1993, p. 464.
- Nacoste, Rupert W. "How Affirmative Action Can Pass Constitutional and Social Psychological Muster." Journal of Social Issues, winter 1996, p. 133.
- Sachs, Andrea. "A Blow To Affirmative Action: The Court Strikes Down a Plan to Aid Minority Businesses." Time, February 6, 1989.
- "Supreme Court to Review Set-Asides." Set-Aside Alert, October 15, 1994.
- Ward, James D. "Response to Croson." Public Administration Review, September-October 1994, p. 483.