Kansas v. Hendricks
- Dority, Barbara. "Shades of the Gulag." The Humanist, January-February 1998, p. 39.
- Dripps, Donald A. "Civil Commitment for Convicted Criminals." Trial, August 1997, p. 62.
- Kaihla, Paul. "Sex Offenders: Is There a Cure?" MacLeans, February 3, 1995, pp. 56-57.
- Lally, Stephen. "Steel Beds vs. Iron Bars; New Laws Muddle How to Handle Sex Offenders." Washington Post, July 27, 1997, p. C1.
- Leo, John. "Dealing with Career Predators." U.S. News & World Report, April 11, 1994, p. 19.
- Planty, Michael G., and Louise van der Does. "Megan's Laws Aren't Enough." Wall Street Journal, July 17, 1997, p. A22.
- Rollman, Eli M. "'Mental Illness': A Sexually Violent Predator is Punished Twice for One Crime." Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, spring 1998, p. 985.
- "Serve a Sentence and Stay On." Washington Post, June 25, 1997, p. A18.
- "Sex Offenders: Double Jeopardy?" The Economist, September 2, 1995, pp. 24-25.
- Steiker, Carol S. "The Limits of the Preventative State." Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, spring 1998, p. 771.
- "The Court and the Predators: Approval of Civil Commitment of Violent Sexual Offenders Has Its Dangers, but Adds Protection for Endangered Children." Cleveland Plain Dealer, June 27, 1997, p. 10B.
- Zonana, Howard. "The Civil Commitment of Sex Offenders." Science, November 14, 1997, p. 1248.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1995 to PresentKansas v. Hendricks - Significance, Kansas Law Applied To Hendricks, Court Upholds Law, Further Readings