Maxwell v. Dow
- Biskupic, Joan, and Elder Witt. Guide to the U.S. Supreme Court. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly, Inc., 1997.
- Choper, Jess H., Yale Kasimir, and William B. Lockhart. Constitutional Rights and Liberties. St. Paul: West Publishing Company, 1975.
- Cushman, Robert F. Cases in Constitutional Law, 5th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1984.
- Hall, Kermit L., ed. The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United States. New York: Oxford Press, 1992.
- New York Times, May 27, 1968.
- Witt, Elder, ed. The Supreme Court A to Z. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly, Inc., 1993.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1883 to 1917Maxwell v. Dow - Significance, Maxwell's Claim, After Maxwell, Further Readings