Louisiana ex rel. Francis v. Resweber
- Biskupic, Joan, and Elder Witt. Congressional Quarterly's Guide to the U.S. Supreme Court, 3rd ed. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly, Inc., 1996.
- Cushman, Robert F. Leading Constitutional Decisions. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1982.
- DeWolfe, Ruthanne. "The view from inside the heads of correctional officials: The Legacy of Resweber."Clearinghouse Review, Vol. 26, no. 9. January 1993, pp. 1007-1018.
- Hall, Kermit L., ed. The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 1992.
- Hoffman, Lonny J. "The madness of the method: the use of electrocution and the death penalty." Texas Law Review, Vol. 70 no. 4, March 1992, pp. 1039-1062.
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1941 to 1953Louisiana ex rel. Francis v. Resweber - Petitioner's Claim, Decision, Significance, A Cruel And Unusual Punishment?, What Is The State's Responsibility?