Schenck v. United States
- Bowen, Catherine Drinker. Yankee from Olympus: Justice Holmes and His Family. Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1943.
- Burton, David H. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Boston: Twayne Publishers, Div. of G. K. Hall & Co., 1980.
- Commager, Henry Steele, and Milton Cantor. Documents of American History. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1988.
- Friedman, Leon and Fred L. Israel, eds. The Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court 1789-1969: Their Lives and Major Opinions. New York: Chelsea House, 1969.
- Johnson, John W., ed. Historic U.S. Court Cases, 1690-1990: An Encyclopedia. New York: Garland Publishing, 1992.
- Novick, Sheldon M. Honorable Justice: The Life of Oliver Wendell Holmes. Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1989.
- Schnayerson, Robert. The Illustrated History of the Supreme Court of the United States. New York: Harry N. Abrams, 1986.
- Witt, Elder, ed. The Supreme Court and Individual Rights. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly, 1980.
- Schenck v. United States - "largely Instrumental In Sending The Circulars About"
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationNotable Trials and Court Cases - 1918 to 1940Schenck v. United States - Significance, "largely Instrumental In Sending The Circulars About", Clear And Present Danger Test, Further Readings