- Cornell University Web Site: "Supreme Court Cases" ("www.supct.law.cornell.edu"), 1998.
- Davidson, Roger H., and Walter Oleszek. Congress and Its Members.Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly Press, 1981.
- DiClerico, Robert E. The American President. Englewood Cliffs, NJ:Prentice Hall, 1990.
- Ducat, Craig. Constitutional Interpretation. St. Paul, MN: West Publishing Company, 1996.
- Jewel, Malcolm, and Samuel Patterson. The Legislative Process in the United States. New York: Random House, 1977.
- Hinckley, Barbara. Stability and Change in Congress. New York: Harper & Row, Publishers, 1988.
- Keefe, William J., and Morris S. Ogul. The American Legislative Process. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1989.
- Wilson, Woodrow. Congressional Government: A Study in American Politics. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1956 (originally publishedin 1885).