Family Abuse and Crime
A Model Of Sexual Abuse
The sociologist David Finkelhor reviewed research on the factors that have been proposed as contributing to sexual abuse of children and has developed what he calls a "Four Precondition Model of Sexual Abuse." His review suggests that all the factors relating to sexual abuse can be grouped into one of four preconditions that need to be met before sexual abuse can occur. The preconditions are:
- A potential offender needs to have some motivation to abuse a child sexually.
- The potential offender has to overcome internal inhibitions against acting on that motivation.
- The potential offender has to overcome external impediments to committing sexual abuse.
- The potential offender or some other factor has to undermine or overcome a child's possible resistance to sexual abuse.
- Family Abuse and Crime - Interventions And Policy
- Family Abuse and Crime - An Ecological Perspective
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Law Library - American Law and Legal InformationCrime and Criminal LawFamily Abuse and Crime - Risk And Protective Factors, Social And Demographic Risk Factors, Situational And Environmental Factors, Research On Victims